Well, this year, as much as I tried to tell myself I was all good vibes, that wasn't the case. I was still stuck in a toxic back-and-forth with an ex-boyfriend. I was no longer in love with him, but it always felt right when we were together. We were explosive.
Fortunately for both of us, that ended abruptly and without explanation. And I tell ya, though his decision for sure, I thank the universe.
It was then that I started to really let go, open up and let other people in my life. And by other people I don't mean other men. I mean friends. Good friends. Old friends. New old friends.
This one goes out to those friends, you're getting a call out here:
- Diana: The blondie to my brownie (or reddie, I should say). You are my rock. Our sporadic texts make my day. We're inextricably intertwined in so many ways. Thank God for Silver Knight.
- Nick: Forever and always. We can go days, months, I'd say years without talking and it's always the same. I got you, and you got me. Guava wine night soon!
- Lizi: I love that you text me at 8 p.m. your time and I'm already sleeping, and then I respond at 5 a.m. your time. Forever wishing I was exploring Cali with you and Woward.
- Danitza: Man, we've had our ups and downs, but we make it work. You literally came through when I needed you most last year, and I'll always love you for that. Cowboy boots!
- Shannen: Where do I even begin?! I can't get enough of your sass, your laugh and all your good times. I love you, boo. ;)
- Mirtle: You make my days. I literally cannot not laugh around you, and I so love your brutal honesty. My dominicana favorita, hands down.
- Krysten: We may not be 'biffles' or whatever, but I love how real you are and how strong you are (literally and figuratively). And we always have a blast together, so heyyy.
- Palmer: Palmskiiii just makes me happy. You can be super stressed, a little crazy, and still I just want to hug you. And your cosquillitas are the best.
- Blair: This loving bitch disappears on me all the time, but she knows I'll always be there. Doesn't matter where or when. (Call me, maybe?)
- Vero: Talk about old acquaintances becoming new friends. I'm so lucky to have you in my life. Some friendships just click at the right time. Todas las buenas vibras.
- Clau: I would have never thought we would be going out together post-college, but here we are. Because the world needs more people like you, who just see good in the world.
- Kengg: Girl, you are just fab. So glad Vero introduced us and that we have more in common than we even knew! Here's to all the fantastic times to come.
- The ladies at Boden: Las quiero tanto. You all help me grow and learn every day, and I can't complain about our happy hour outings either!
- Kare: Lol, no one has more fights than sisters, and that's true of us. But I do love how we've grown together and how we now fit into each others' clothes (I need my pants back!).
Thank you all for being there this year. From the oldest friendships to the newest, each and every one of you mean so much to me. Words don't even do it justice.